Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Playing Ketchup

It seems I forgot to do a second art post last week. Oops! Oh well, that just means the queue has gotten a bit longer. So lets just forge ahead.

I've lamented more than once (and will likely do so again in the future) that I can't draw hands. And there's good reason for that - they're tough! Just look at them! Go on, take a look at your hands right now and wiggle those fingers. See! Hands are these amorphous things on the end of your arms that can take on a frightfully large array of configurations. It's really no wonder they're so tough to draw. Thus, I decided to spend some time practicing drawing hands:
These are ten configurations of my left hand because, well, I'm right handed and can't draw with my left hand (though trying that might make an interesting exercise in its own right). I will, no doubt, do further hand practice in the future since I've only just scratched the surface here and aside from the one hand holding the eraser, haven't even touched on hands actually interacting with things.

This next picture is a design for a character from another project that I might do something with one of these days (though I say that a lot). It's mostly just a slight update from an earlier sketch, attempting to make it a bit more dramatic.
She's in her "magical girl" mode since the project in question would be (mostly) a magic girl (mahou shoujo) parody, should I ever do anything with it. Only time will tell. (Though I keep thinking I should watch some more mahou shoujo anime to build a broader foundation.)

Last up for today is another drawing from my small sketch book. It was drawn to help me survive a very long and very boring meeting and, thankfully, I won't have to sit through another one of those for the foreseeable future.
This is The Pen from the Word Smith mini-comics in her fencing outfit. Of course, it looks a lot like her super hero outfit because it is, actually, based heavily on a fencing outfit anyway. Only drew the fencing mask in the one pose because faces are more interesting to draw than fencing masks.

And that is all for the present.
Freak Out,
-TFitC

No comments: