Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Details, Details

Another Tuesday, another post, or that seems to be the habit.  To start off, we're going back in time slightly for the one drawing I skipped over in the previous post.
Trying to practice drawing objects as I see them so I decided to draw my (replica) katana.  The sheath is probably a bit short compared to the blade and the wrappings on the hilt actually have ten "diamonds" rather than the nine that I drew (should have measured things more carefully).  I also kind of fudged all the little details on the hand guard which I didn't feel like dealing with at the time.

For some further practice drawing smallish details, I scoured my apartment for some appropriate object and settled on the following:

One of the Argonath statuettes that came with my collector's edition of the extended edition of the Fellowship of the Ring.  The text is from the book which is different from what Aragorn says in the movies which has something to do with looking on the Kings of old.

Something slightly different for the final piece today.  I decided I wanted to get some practice drawing clothes so I stuck various outfits on some random characters:
Not being a fashion designer, most of the clothes were based on reference photos found via Google's image search (handy thing, that).  The only one that wasn't was the one in the top left which is just the sort of thing I tend to wear during the summer.  If the Word Smith's shirt was not partially covered by his jacket (top right) it would read "Grammar Rules" - pun very much intended.

And with that-
Freak Out,
-TFitC

No comments: